President Trump Exonerated;
Congressional Democrats Need to Stop Political Games and Get to Work
New York–March 25th…After two years of the most exhaustive investigation of a President in U.S. history, President Trump and his campaign have been exonerated from the Democrats’ scurrilous charges of Russian collusion.
The statistics surrounding Special Counsel Robert Mueller’s investigation are striking:
- The investigation went on for 675 days.
- The total reported cost of the Mueller investigation through September 2018 was over $25 million.
- The cost per day was $50, 230.00 – the second most expensive in history.
- There were 19 attorneys on Robert Mueller’s staff – 12 more than the Starr investigation.
- There were approximately 40 FBI agents, intelligence analysts, forensic accountants and other staff that assisted with the investigation.
- Approximately 500 individuals testified or interviewed with the Special Counsel’s team.
- There were 2800 subpoenas issued, 500 executed search warrants and 230 orders for communication records.
- In addition to the Special Counsel’s investigation, there were 3 separate Congressional investigations by the Senate Judiciary Committee, Senate Intelligence Committee, and the House Intelligence Committee – all of the committees found no evidence of collusion.
“President Trump told the American people from day one that he did not collude with the Russians and this report finally vindicates the President,” said NYGOP Chairman Ed Cox. “Democrats have refused to accept that their flawed presidential candidate lost the election fair and square, and have been desperate to undermine the legitimacy of President Trump at every turn. Their political witch hunt– led by Congressional Democrats–has done a disservice to Americans and it’s time to end. New York’s Democratic congressional delegation needs to get to work and start delivering for the people they represent.”